Here’s how to perform this comprehensive monitoring:
- Enable SQL Server Agent: Activate the SQL Server Agent for interaction with external collectors such as Prometheus.
- Install Prometheus Windows Exporter: Download and install the Prometheus Windows Exporter from GitHub.
- Set Up Prometheus Scraper/Database: Install Prometheus on your monitoring server/computer and configure the scraper.
- Access Prometheus Server and Add Targets: Access the Prometheus server through a browser and add a new target.
- Query SQL Server Processes: Execute the necessary query to query SQL Server processes.
- Install Grafana and Connect to Prometheus: Install Grafana, connect it to the Prometheus server, and visualize the data.
In our previous article, you can find information on how to perform monitoring on a Windows server. ...